Savanah's Playhouse of Poems

Home of short poems

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Reaching

Walking down a dirty road
I shine among a scatted crowd
My beauty stands out
A smile you never forget


Pushing and pulling
Will this ever end?
I think I am going crazy

Eyes looking left and right
Looking for that one
Ignoring the hatters
Listing to the gossipers


Still pushing and pulling
Oh this is so crazy
Will I get to the front?
I am not on the ground yet
This could be good


Hair is a wreck
Clothes ripped apart
Face looks muddy
Yet still look good

People pulling and pushing
Yet still getting to the front
Grasping for one more push
As I reach the front


Finally I turn as I get there
Screaming STOP!
You may push me you
May pull me but you will
Never bring me down.
I will always be at the
Top no matter what you do.


By Alicia Dunning 4-11-08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back

[ Home | About Me | All my Poems... ]